Monday, August 9, 2010

My Factory

When my five children were growing up I had a pillow factory,according to them, that is. I did a lot of sewing in those day and I saved all of my scraps for a quilt that I was going to make someday. Well, I never actually made a quilt, but I did make lots of pillows. I would draw something in a center square and embroider it and do patchwork pieces or strips around it, maybe use a ruffle or lace around the whole thing. Anyway, when the urge to create pillows hit, I would go to my sewing room and work (in between chores like cooking, cleaning, cutting grass, chauffering and other). This would go on for days and days until I was pretty tired of it, I would then clean the room and leave the door open. The kids would say " Mama's pillow factory is open" or Mama's pillow factory is closed today" Point is, I have always needed a factory to go to no matter how busy my real life happened to be. For a few years now my factory has produced pressed flower art and since last year Cotten Angels. I feel like I will always do this! I never look at a flower without wondering if it will press and hold its color. I have lots! and now the cotton fields are blooming away and soon I will be picking again. I have already made lots of angels, each one is diffrent as most handmade items are. More later.

1 comment:

  1. Dot,
    I do so enjoy your blog. It gives insight into when I didn't know you.
    Much love, Debra

    ReplyDelete